It was meant to be a temporary home for 2 months before I returned to the Mainland USA. Instead, It became part of my ongoing battle with mold exposure. I should never eat a lot of carbohydrates for the rest of my life. There is residual effect of the mold that remains. I first visited the Nutritionist in February 2014. However, I didn't know it was so serious I had to detox until April 2014.
My Vegan-Keto shopping list looks like this:
- Coconut Manna is now a favorite to eat raw, make my own coconut peanut butter heaven, put in coffee, and also mix in with my raw veggies
- Vegan Keto Creamer has become a drink in itself with tumeric
- Almond milk
- Organic Beet Powder
- Organic Spirulina
- Pea or Hemp based protein (minus brown rice and grain or fruit protein)
- White Sea Salt
- Vitamin C powder
- Calcium Magnesium D3
- Oregano Essential Oil - for cleansing - bottoms of feet
- Organic Lemons
- 3/4 lb of steamed broccoli is super, stems and all.
- Coffee/ Americano
- Organic Beets - 1/2 lb shredded is the best.
- Sweet treat: Antioxidant mix of Nuts, Chocolate, and blueberries
- Organic peanut butter
- I found just (organic) Peanuts and salt ingredients, but it's already made me aware of the mold content bothering me after a year of indulgence on cheap protein.
The noodles and rice change my frequency enough that I'm quickly in food comas and sniffling with resurgence of allergies. Food allergies including gmo type raw foods such as soy, corn, grain, fruits, are ironic in this vegan's diet. BAD for me, though now a debilitating luxury. Back to ketosis I go!
My favorites after weaning off the vegan mold detox diet for the first 3+months have definitely changed. I still love raw organic beets. However, I'm a little bit over the texture of avocados. And, what I define as 'low carbohydrates' is less than 30 grams of carbs. For the beginning of the Vegan-Mold detox I did, I had less than 7-15 grams of carbs daily. And, those were not piled on. Rather digested intermittently throughout my day. I did sunflower sprouts, with barely a small pinch of beets. (carrots, and potato were added later). That was a big deal for me to add after I was given the clear to add a modest amount of carbs back into my diet via raw salad.